includes Arab media w/CAIR gloating of helping Pelosi take down Allen West
By Penny Starr//The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) released the results of an informal exit poll on Friday that shows more than 85 percent of American Muslim voters picked President Barack Obama in Tuesday’s election.
That number is lower than a similar poll conducted in 2008 that showed 89 percent of American Muslims cast a ballot for Obama.
CAIR conducted the informal survey of 650 American Muslim voters, with just 4 percent of respondents stating that they voted for Mitt Romney.
- 95.5 percent of the Muslim voters said they went to the polls on Nov. 6.
- 85.7 percent cast their ballots to re-elect President Obama.
- 4.4 percent of respondents said they voted for Mitt Romney.
- States with the highest number of survey respondents (in descending order) were California, New York, Texas, Virginia, Illinois, Florida, Michigan, Maryland, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and Ohio.
- 41.5 percent said they consider themselves Democrats. A similar number, 40.6 percent, consider themselves politically independent. Only 7.4 percent said they are Republican.
“The fact that more than 95 percent of Muslim respondents went to the polls is a clear indication that they are fully participating in our nation’s political process and are part of the fabric of America,” Nihad Awad, executive director of CAIR said in a press release announcing the poll results.
- CAIR rep: “we need to Islamicize America” (iranaware.com)
- Nancy Pelosi’s Secret #CAIR Fundraiser #Obama #Romney (iranaware.com)
- heres where they gloat from http://english.alarabiya.net/
Democrats defeat top Islamophobes in congressional race
Friday, 09 November 2012People wait to vote at the Good Shepherd Methodist Church during the U.S. presidential election in Kissimmee, Florida, in this November 6, 2012. (Reuters)
By Al Arabiya
Congress’s top Islomophobes lost their congressional bid to Democrats, U.S. media reported.
On Tuesday, Democrat Tammy Duckworth, an Iraq War veteran, defeated freshman Republican Rep. Joe Walsh known for his Islamophobia in Illinois, The Chicago Tribune reported.
Duckworth, who lost both legs in combat before turning to politics, won 55 percent of the votes.
Another Tea Party freshman, Allen West, lost his reelection bid to Democratic challenger Patrick Murphy early Wednesday.
With 100 percent of votes in from South Florida’s 18th District, Murphy defeated West by less than 2,500 votes, despite lopsided fundraising, The Daily Beast said. West has once described Islam as a “totalitarian theocratic political ideology” that is a “very vile and very vicious enemy.”
Another Islamophobic lawmaker, Republican Adam Hasner, was voted down by voters in Florida.
“These encouraging results clearly show that mainstream Americans reject anti-Muslim bigotry by candidates for public office and will demonstrate that rejection at the polls,” Nihad Awad, National Executive Director of the umbrella Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) said in a statement obtained by OnIslam.net.
Nice huh..yeah listen to old Joe..There is no problem…